Saturday, July 28, 2007
When we get hurt, sometimes it helps to just turn back for awhile and walk away... It gives us a moment to regain strength and clear our minds to help us deal with the pain.

There are times that I need to be alone with my thoughts and somehow reflect on what's going on with my life. I have to admit that I often, turn my back and never look back. Its as if I'm escaping the pain and maybe I am but the thing is heartaches has always been a part of me that I've learned to swallowed it like a bitter pill.

There's a cloud of sorrow that's been hanging over me and many times I just want to break down and cry. I don't know if this is just part of my Lupus disease but loneliness has been creeping inside of me and I don't even understand why.

Have you ever wondered why, everything was so simple when we were young and as we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.

You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll get haunted by a love that you can never seem to let go. You'll cry because time is passing by too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.

I don't usually look back for I don't want to grieve over the past for no matter what I do its already gone. I don't want to worry and carry what was already lost and I remember a quote I read a long time ago.. "Never look back, unless you're planning to go that way..." and I certainly don't want to find myself back into that place again.

Life is short. Let's not live with regrets and make a visual memory of everything. Take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Don't look back on sorrows, leave it where it belongs for everyday is a new day to begin.

Labels: , ,


10:43 PM |

2 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hi! Feel good ok? Life is worth living! I feel positive everyday! Are you really in Daytona Beach? :)
 


At 5:17 PM, Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said........
Hi Emmyrose,
You're right. Looking back is not a helpful thing. It will only rekindle memories of past hurts and frustrations in life. It's best to move on and trust in the all encompassing love of God to provide us with what's best for us.
Sometimes, we struggle too much, when what we really need is just to flow with God's gentle current of love filled plans for us. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

God bless you with all the love, joy and successes in life.