Tuesday, August 07, 2007
It's been a while since I last went shopping on my own, it's actually the best way to release stress for me. And after toxic week this is just what I needed and it was relaxing to finally have a time for myself. But I did not splurge so much for myself, I bought early gifts for my "inaanaks" (godchildren) who are mostly celebrating their birthdays on the "ber" months. Its always fun to buy gifts for the babies I love.

Now, I'm still here in the mall stranded because of the heavy rains. I found myself in a coffee shop that brought back some nostalgic memories. I had vowed never to return here again but I don't know why my feet brought me here.. This is where "the ex-love of my life" and I often sit together, here in the very same couch I'm in.. this where we used to have funny conversations and just having a nice time together. Now, I'm sitting here again only this time I'm alone. I'm not really that heartbroken anymore but I still can't help feeling a bit lonely. I know someday, I'll be completely fine. When thoughts of him won't bring anymore sadness. Someday, when my heart is ready to really let him go.

It might be raining so hard now but I'm quite certain the rain will eventually stop and the clear skies will come out again and just like my aching heart, eventually it'll stop hurting...

Labels: , ,


6:39 PM |

4 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said........
Hi Emmyrose,
I remember the song of the Carpenters- "Rainy Days and Mondays," these rainy atmosphere seem to let people down. There is a bit of nostalgia when it rains and when you are stranded in a place that you associate with an ex, the more will the atmosphere seem to be depressing.

But rains can also bring a lot of good things to people. It's a time for the usual "lakwatsa" where you can indulge in your favorite steaming hot food, then go watch your favorite movie where you are sure the theaters are not that crowded because of the rains. Or you can go to your favorite videoke hangout (indoors, of course para social and safe from the toma boys)
and belt your blues away not worrying that it will rain because of one's croaking frog voice. Anyway it's already raining and who will notice. And as you say, you can go shopping around.

Yes, my friend rain can also be our ally if we just know how to treat it.

Aw, come on, you will forget your hurts and someday you will just laugh at all these things. Remember, life is good and pleasant if we just look at it from a different perspective.

God bless you with His own showers of blessings to bring you joy and fulfillment in life.
 


At 8:29 PM, Blogger marie said........
waaaahhhh..... nakakalungkot naman
:( Well, for sure the sun will come out tomorrow, lalalalala..... Smile!
 


At 3:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
i might have already said this before, but i really really admire your optimism. keep it up, you inspire a lot of people. :)
 


At 5:33 PM, Blogger Emmyrose said........
@Bro. Mel, thank you for that insightful remark it really made me look at rain in a different light.

@Marie, thanks my dear the sun will indeed shine just like today...

@supervillainess, thank you for that encouraging comment :)