Friday, August 24, 2007
Carrie: I'd like to think that people have more than one soulmate.
Samantha: I agree! I've had hundreds.
Carrie: Yeah! And you know what, if you miss one, along comes another one. Like cabs.

from SEX AND THE CITY, Unidentified Episode
Do you believe in soul mates?

Well, a lot has been said about it and as a hopeless romantic I used to believe that they were real. But I don't know if I'm just being too cynical or what but lately I'm thinking that I'm probably wrong.

Maybe somehow, I still got that fairy-tale notion that I could have my own happily ever after as soon as I found my prince but I just don't think he'll be coming anytime at all if he ever comes at all or if he ever even exists.

Am I confusing you now? Don't worry, you're not alone... I'm confused myself.

Do soul mates exists? Is there really someone out there just for you? Or is it just a lame illusion that we made up just to console ourselves.

I used to remember one scene from Sex and City when Carrie & Samantha were having a conversation about soul mates and I think they were right maybe we have more than one soul mate, we've got hundreds. Sure, its rather romantic to believe that there's actually one person made especially just for you but call me cynical or bitter but somehow I just don't believe it anymore. I used to be a hopeless romantic, believing in forever, one true love, soulmates and all those mushy stuff but somewhere in between the failed relationships and heartaches I became a cold-hearted person who probably still believes in love but not disillussioned by it anymore.

I admit - It's fun to be single, I love every moment of it but then again, sometimes I kinda miss having someone to text message when I get up and all day long... I miss planning a weekend with someone. I miss having someone who'd listen to my ranting and tantrums when I had a bad day. I miss those "kilig" moments that makes my heart beats faster. And mostly - THE LAST CALL. You know, that phone call you make or made to you just right before you sleep.

There are times that I wonder if I could still find my soul mate, or have I found him already but I just let him slip away or maybe he was the one that got away. I don't know. Cynical as I can be, but the hopeless romantic in me is very much persistent and somehow I still hope that there's actually one person meant especially for me and I'm hoping that my soul will recognize that he is the one and everything will work out well the moment our paths crossed.

Labels:


1:12 PM |

6 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger NafaSg said........
Hi friend,

We are inviting you to read our article on Looking For A Long Lost Friend to help Sandy search for her long lost friend.

You may post and copy the Looking For A Long Lost Friend post in your blog to help Sandy search for her friend and add our badge along with the article posted.

We hope that your act of kindness will be rewarded.

Thank you, friend
Best Regards,
NAFASG TEAM
 


At 5:16 AM, Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said........
Hi sis Emmyrose,
Sorry that I was out of circulation for sometime. Something happened to us. My, my, you are really a hopeless romantic. Soulmates, whether they exist or not does not matter. People who believe in previous lives think that they recognize loved ones from a former life. Now whether reincarnation is true or not is out of the question. The Bible contradicts such notion. "It is appointed for man to die once and after that judgment." (Hebrews)The Lord has surely ordained somebody perfectly suited for you. Just trust Him. He never intended you to spend the remaining years of your life in single blessedness. "Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm)

Somewhere down the road you will find your man. Just hang on and trust Him. God bless you with all the wisdom, love and joy in this world.
 


At 1:35 PM, Blogger marie said........
yes right, just hang on and the Lord is still designing the right man for you, still in the making pa.
 


At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
i believe that we have to wait for our soulmate to come. it's neither searched nor even assumed to. If he's the right one for you then things will happen as uve expect it to be ;)
 


At 3:04 PM, Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said........
You might just find your soulmate-- but it will still be your girlfriends you call at 2am when you need someone to talk to.

I have no idea why that is.

Enjoy being single.
It'll end just when you least expect it.
 


At 3:28 PM, Blogger Emmyrose said........
Thank you all for your comments :)