Thursday, August 30, 2007
Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Classic Romantic Movie Lines

1. My Bestfriend's Wedding
"If you love someone you say it, you say it right, out loud,
or the moment just... passes you by"

2. The Bridges of Madison County
"I don't want to need you, 'cause I can't have you."

3. Love Story
"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

4. Notting Hill
William: "I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills.
Everyone in the world knows who you are."
Ana: "I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

5. Indecent Proposal
"If ever you want something so badly, let it go. If it comes back to you, then it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never yours to begin with."

6. Jerry Maguire
Jerry: "I love you. You... complete me."
Dorothy: "Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello."


7. Moulin Rouge
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

8. As Good As It Gets
"You make me want to be a better man."

9. Shadowlands
"We can't have the happiness of yesterday without the pain of today."

10. Untamed Heart
Caroline: "You love with your mind and soul, not your heart."
Adam: (touching his chest) "Then how come I hurt here
when you're not with me?"


11. Runaway Bride
"Look, I guarantee that we'll have tough times. And I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us will want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart,
you're the only one for me."


12. When Harry Met Sally
"It's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

13. Phenomenon
George:"Hey, would you, uh, love me for the rest of my life?"
Lace: "No. I'm gonna love you for the rest of mine."

Labels:


4:02 AM |

24 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Pj said........
Good morning Ate Ems. Ganda nmn ng mga Movie Lines. Ang sweet. Kaka inlove. hihi
 


At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Oh my, brings back all those scenes in my mind. All lovey-dovey chick flicks! I love that last line from Phenomenon.
 


At 11:24 AM, Blogger eastcoastlife said........
I've only watched 6 out of the 13 on your list. Happy TT!
 


At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
You're missing "Death never stops true love, it can only delay it for a while."

Happy TT
 


At 11:27 AM, Blogger Lori said........
You have great taste in movies...thanks for bringing back the memories:) I better go to the video store;) Happy TT.
 


At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I love those movies too and I love the idea where you added some lines from the movie. I might do that sometime! :)
 


At 11:42 AM, Blogger pussreboots said........
Thanks for stopping by. Happy TT.
 


At 12:06 PM, Blogger Amy said........
Great lines... Very good Thursday Thirteen!

Now I'm in the mood for a chick flick!
 


At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hay sis... you made me smile reading your list... Happy TT! :)
 


At 2:18 PM, Blogger Silencer76 said........
lol I guess I can say that I haven't watched the majority of these, but I do remember some of the lines.

Happy TT.
 


At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Great list! I don't remember some of them.


Mine is up at: 13 Bloomers
 


At 7:05 PM, Blogger Mom not Mum (Sandy) said........
#12 is my favorite - I think I've seen most of the ones you listed.
 


At 7:26 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said........
Great movies, great quotes, great TT!
 


At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
okay - you certainly know your movies. very impressive and awesome list!
 


At 10:37 PM, Blogger Robin said........
What great lines. *sigh*
 


At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
What an inspiring 13! I love the Jerry Maguire quote and the movie! I would have never thought of a romantic quote from phenomenon!

Thanks for stopping by!
 


At 11:19 PM, Blogger The Gal Herself said........
So romantic! And I'm glad you included Shadowlands. It wasn't a hit movie, but it was very touching.
 


At 3:01 AM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said........
Great lines, but I'm sad to say I haven't seen many of these movies. Must go fix that now and add them to my Netflix addiction!
 


At 3:15 AM, Blogger Kathy said........
Very romantic. If only guys said things like that in real life! :)
Thanks for coming by to visit.
 


At 4:22 AM, Blogger Not So Anonymous Michelle said........
Oh I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this list...11 and 12 are two of my favorites...well I love 8 and 10 too...ok I can't pick a favorite! I found your blog through the TT link at Blog that Mommy and I'm adding you to my favorites to read you daily!
 


At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Great lines!

Happy TT!
 


At 11:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
I can clearly see that we are both big Julia Roberts' fans. :-)

You've picked some great ones. Especially:

1. My Best Friend's Wedding
4. Notting Hill
7. Moulin Rouge - I totally fell in love with Ewan McGregor in that movie.
11. Runaway Bride
 


At 12:48 PM, Blogger Karen said........
Great lines!! I think I've seen every one of these movies except Jerry Maguire. I don't know why -- maybe someone can explain it -- but I don't see Tom Cruise as a romantic kind of guy (jumping on Oprah's couch aside!)
 


At 11:35 PM, Blogger Cupid's Best Pal said........
That was Awesome!