Thursday, August 23, 2007
13 Weird Facts
(you're probably not aware of)

1. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's
nuclear weapons combined.

2.
Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are
already married.

3.
Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

4.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

5.
Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never
stop growing. - SCARY!!!

6.
All polar bears are left-handed.

7.
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only
on one row of the keyboard.

8.
Butterflies taste with their feet.

9.
On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

10.
A snail can sleep for three years.

11.
If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would
stand seven feet, two inches tall.

12.
Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

13.
Almost everyone who reads this post will try to lick their elbow.

Labels:


11:11 PM |

20 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Karen said........
#13 -- I'm so busted!!! Great post and thanks for the laugh!!
Happy TT!
 


At 11:24 AM, Blogger tommie said........
I did try to lick it! Thanks for the laugh and for visiting my TT.
 


At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mom not Mum (Sandy) said........
LOL My elbow and the rest of my arm is free from all saliva. I did notice that I have blinked quite a few times since finishing your list though.
 


At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jennie said........
No licking! But, I'd have to agree with the fact that I seemed to blink a lot!
Happy TT!
 


At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
"4. It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow."

I guess that's why everyone needs a friend...

:-)
 


At 1:15 PM, Blogger Gattina said........
Very interesting, lol ! and you are right I just stand with my head on the keyboard legs in the air and try to leak my elbow ! I'll tell you later if I managed if you get no answer I am in hospital !
 


At 1:32 PM, Blogger Emmyrose said........
LOL!

I was guilty as well, when I first read about this one I tried licking my elbows too but to no avail.

Thanks for all your comments :)
 


At 2:10 PM, Blogger WendyWings said........
I already knew I couldn't lick my elbow so I didnt try lol
Happy TT day !!
 


At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hahaha

Great list, Emmyrose! Happy TT! :)

Btw, ex-links?
 


At 3:40 PM, Blogger AudreyRose said........
No elbow licking for me, but I did try to type the word TYPEWRITER to know if it's in the same row whehehehehe....

nice one!
 


At 3:43 PM, Blogger Pj said........
Hehehe.. Lamat sa pag link ng name mo..hehheeh nice list ate ems. anyway, skul muna ako. thanks again
 


At 8:37 PM, Blogger Elle Fredrix said........
LOL. I've tried the licking your elbow thing before, so I'll pass.

Great list.

Thanks for stopping by my TT!
 


At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I did try to lick my elbow. You are too smart!

Happy TT!
 


At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Didn't even try to lick it! LOL
 


At 11:44 PM, Blogger Sandee said........
Already tried to lick my eyebrows years ago. Couldn't do it then and won't be able to now. I didn't know about the married people out trolling for dates. Yikes. Great list. Have a great TT. :)
 


At 1:34 AM, Blogger SpaceyMom said........
I did NOT try to lick my elbow! ;)
 


At 4:52 AM, Blogger J. Lynne said........
I considered trying to lick my elbow but decided I was too lazy.


Happy TT!
 


At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
"A snail can sleep for three years"?! oooh the dreams a snail must have! :-) Great list! (i totally thought about licking my elbow)
 


At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Wrong!! I didn't try to lick my elbow, but I did ask my wife to try to lick hers while I watched.
 


At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Benjamin said........
Well, I do not actually imagine it is likely to have success.
St. Catharines real estate | Poultry recipes | water filters