Sunday, September 09, 2007
It seems that my thoughts had been covered by clouds and I'm currently experiencing blogger's block that's why I'm just gonna borrow this article, my best friend gave me this book so that I may find it in my heart to love again (yeah right)...

Have a blessed Sunday and hopefully I can start writing again soon! :)

CHERISH YOUR CHOSEN ONE
By Bo Sanchez

Getting married is the greatest mistake anyone can ever make. Being wed is the height of insanity, the most ludicrous commitment, the most totally illogical decision any human being can fall into.

Tell me.... Why should I commit myself to be with one woman for the rest of my life - and thereby reject 3.2 billion (updated pa ba tong census na toh?) other females in the world?
Along the way, I'll meet a girl who'll be more beautiful, or more intelligent, or more charming, or sexier, or holier. So why nail myself down to one choice, permanently -- and suffer the agony of
simply watching beauties pass me by? And in western countries, one out of two marriages end up in divorce. That blows my mind. That's a pathetic 50% failure rate! I would never buy a car, a stereo, a shaver, or even a nail clipper if there was a 50% chance that it would conk out on me. I simply wouldn't.

And why stay with one person "in sickness or in health, in riches or in poverty, till death do us part"? Is my mind fried? If my shirt shrinks on me because I eat too many pizzas, don't I just throw it away and buy an XL? (That will be the day.) And if I outgrow my ancient computer,
don't I just look for an updated version?

And then there's the catastrophe some call kids. I mean, I don't really want to wake up in the middle of the night to entertain a self-centered, bald, toothless tyrant in diapers? Do I really want little rampaging monsters to break the most expensive furniture in my house? Do I really
want juvenile creatures to stay on the phone for six hours straight, listen to noise they call music that you believe came directly from hell, and mope around uncommunicative, catatonic, and depressed because another demented juvenile creature (a.k.a.boyfriend) hasn't called in the passed thirty minutes?

Why should I go through the torture? Marriage is insanity.

But....few years ago, on my 32nd birthday..... I gave myself a special birthday gift: I got married to a lovely woman -- and committed myself to insane living. Marowe is her name, the person I chose - out of 3.2 billion females (updated pa ba tong census na toh? ~replay~) . Yes, we now have a tiny tyrant that wakes us up at night, and in the near future, we will most likely have little monsters that will destroy our house during playtime, and creatures from outer space that we will call teenagers.

Why? (kung bakit sya nagpakasal)

For three reasons.

FAITH. We believe that God calls us into marriage. And if HE called us there, that means He'll be there to meet us. We will suffer all things- just let us be with our God.

HOPE. We confidently expect the best blessings -- immeasurably much more than all the hardship. God will bless us beyond our wildest dreams.

LOVE. Oh yes, there will be other females who'll be more beautiful, or more intelligent, or more this and more that. But they'll only be just that - females - like flowers in the field of a million
hectares of flower fields.

But not this woman - my Marowe - the one beautiful flower I have personally chosen, personally picked from her roots, personally planted in my own clay pot, personally watered everyday, personally watched every day, and personally loved every day. Because of my love for her, there will be no one like her. (kilig, kilig, kilig...) In my heart, she will eternally be the most beautiful flower of them all. Because in the end, there will be only be faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is.... LOVE.

(....at walang kamatayang WORLD PEACE...=))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. (eto yung susunod na kabanata pagkatapos ng pagpapakasal....)

~ Thoughts to ponder... ~

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and father had it, they had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from their branches they found that they were ONE tree and NOT two.

Labels: ,


11:25 AM |

6 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
a sad reality but true. happy at first but then some instances happen.

upon reading this, i must say, im not really ready to face marriage yet.
 


At 5:05 PM, Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said........
Hi sis Emmyrose,
I hope that after reading this article you will not be afraid to marry. The Lord ordains the person we are to wed for the rest of our lives. Only people who do not subscribe to the will of God and His divine providence can be apprehensive about the prospect of a failed marriage. If married couples will only place Jesus Christ at the center of their relationships, then there is no fear whatsoever of failed marriages. Thanks for the wonderful post. God bless you with the most wonderful guy that He has ordained for you.
 


At 12:55 AM, Blogger Emmyrose said........
@jackie, we're on the same boat I just know that I'm not really ready for marriage yet :)
 


At 1:00 AM, Blogger Emmyrose said........
@Bro.Mel, well maybe I'm a little scared when it comes to marriage or maybe I've got commitment issues well I'm not gonna try to justify it but for someone who came from a broken home, I'm a bit cynical about the whole thing but being a hopeless romantic as I am I still believe on the things you said and maybe soon God will send me that "ordained" someone :)
 


At 2:15 AM, Blogger Miss Kurdapya said........
akala ko ako lang ang may blogger's block..ikaw din pla..hehehe...CHERISH YOUR CHOSEN ONE..pero kapag meron ng ginawang not right..parang gusto mo ng ibalik sa nanay nya...hehe..
 


At 9:19 AM, Blogger Emmyrose said........
hehe ung mga chosen one ko nga naibalik ko na sa mga nanay nila :)