Tuesday, December 25, 2007


This is the first Christmas that I don’t have him by my side. I was already anticipating a sudden gush of loneliness with the thought that he won’t be calling at the strike of midnight at Christmas eve, I can no longer receive personalized and unique gifts from him and we won’t be dragging each other to go to each of our family dinner. I do miss him and even though I have slowly started to let him go the holidays just makes it too difficult to forget that he’s no longer a part of my life. Today, as expected everyone was asking about him, even my six year old nephew was looking for him and I just smiled and kept my silence. For ten years, he has been a part of my life, my best friend, my boyfriend and everything else it’ll be a lie if I’ll say that he didn't left a void in my heart, the day we both decided it was time to move on and let go. I thought I’m ready, that I have truly freed myself with memories of him but tonight after all the festivity and the rush of the holidays, I was feeling that void that he left and wondering if it can ever be filled by someone else again.

Labels: , ,


10:28 PM |

5 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
EmmyRose: there is always a bit of a backlash during the holidays AND 10 years is a long time!!! Keep taking care of you and being strong. You will survive this and thrive in your own life. Your blog is amazing!!! Be good to you in 2008. Peace.
 


At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
It will be Ems. You just haven't found him yet. Ten years is quite long but you'll get over him. You're a very string woman and I believe in you.

Take care.

A Simple Life
http://mlizcochico.com

moms..... check nyo
http://mlizcochico.blogspot.com
 


At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
*strong
 


At 4:02 PM, Blogger CAO- Chef Azura othman said........
Oh EmmyRose, its easy for me to say , but as a women I know how it feels,things hapen for a reason and hope that you will continue to be strong.

I'm always here...
xoxo Az
 


At 1:54 PM, Blogger Mec said........
it's always the first steps that are hardest to take... i just hope belief that there are better things awaiting you, and a greater love waiting for you out there... will keep you moving forward...