Sunday, December 16, 2007




This weekend I had a grand time with my family. We're starting to feel the rush of the holiday season and the malls are too crowded. My family and I decided to spend this weekend doing what I love the most reading, but this time we went to MV Doulos, the world'd oldest floating bookstore who is currently docked at Manila Pier till the 23rd of December and some of the friendly crews whom I got acquainted with told us that it is probably the last voyage of this ship to the Philippines since it's already time to retire the ship.

As a book lover and collector, this is like a field day for me sort of my haven, I could stay here for a day or even sail with it ^-^


After enjoying all those books and bargains, we relaxed a bit at the upper deck of the ship and watched the crew's display of different cultures and traditions around the world. We also took a glimpse of this amazing sunset at Manila Bay...


Truly a majestic and serene sight... I love this weekend, it's a wonderful pause before starting a week filled with parties, noise, food, gifts and everything else. It's also nice to be back doing this meme again, I missed you all and thank you for featuring my blog for this week, sort of a wonderful welcome. Have a nice week ahead everyone!

Labels: ,


10:39 PM |

13 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Lalaine said........
bloghopping: wow! doulos is in the Philippines! The 1st and last time I went inside was 1993 (in Mindanao). I hope I could visit it again before it retires...I like the last pic.
 


At 1:25 AM, Blogger SandyCarlson said........
Oh, I would love to see this boat! How exciting. Thanks for telling me about this.
 


At 3:42 AM, Blogger Jan said........
i love the shot of the sunset in manila bay... doulos was in malaysia too but i missed going there.
 


At 4:16 AM, Blogger Liz said........
Nothing beats the sunset at Manila Bay. Great shot Ems.
 


At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Great shots! I wish I could find time to bring my family there, I'm sure my kids would love to see those books.

http://mlizcochico.com
 


At 5:20 AM, Blogger Carver said........
Great shots of what sounds like a good weekend. Hope you have a good week.
 


At 5:42 AM, Blogger Natalie said........
What a cool idea! I'd never heard of a floating bookstore.

My Weekend Snapshot is up too! :)
 


At 9:12 AM, Blogger TeacherJulie said........
This is exciting.Madami tao? We tried going there last time it was here but the line was so long we didn't go.

Have a great week, Emmyrose and congratulations for being the featured weekender!

TeacherJulie
 


At 9:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
Sanyo massage chairs

Oh, cool! A floating bookstore would be a lot of fun.
 


At 1:44 PM, Blogger eastcoastlife said........
I went onboard Doulos when it was in Singapore a few years ago. It was great meeting and talking to the people on it.
 


At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Beautiful photos,sis! It's been a while na hindi ako naka daan dito..hope all are well! :)

Visit mine here;
Weekend Snapshots
 


At 4:22 PM, Blogger Lynn said........
I haven't been to MV Doulos yet. I'll drown from all these books. Definitely a haven for book lovers.
 


At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
oh, they were here?? sayang ... i didn't know. we went last year ... grabe, ang daming tao, but the books are really worth it. :)

Happy Holidays!