Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Friday night, and my friends and I planned to catch a movie tonight. I arrived a little early since we're gonna watch at Glorietta 4 and my office is just along Ayala, my other friends will be coming from Kamuning and Ortigas, that's why they'll be arriving late. I don't mind waiting actually because it's rather convenient on my part and I want some moments alone with my thoughts. As I was sitting at Starbucks savoring my latte, I noticed that most people around me are either waiting for their girlfriends or their boyfriends and I smiled a little feeling a bit foolish and I can't remember exactly the last time I waited for a boy, in fact I can't remember the last time I had a movie date with a boy. And as I see their happy faces I can't help but feel envious a little and I wonder if I'll ever feel that feeling again, the feeling of belonging to someone, the feeling of happiness because of love. I know everyone has been telling me that in time he will come and my heart will be ready to love again but somehow I am getting impatient, I just don't think it will come anytime soon. I'm not even sure if my mr.Someone is actually existing...

I'm supposed to be extremely busy to be thinking about love and I just know that no matter how much I want it, no matter how desperately I yearn to fall in love again I can't because my heart is beating for someone already and even though I've told myself that I am not waiting for him, the truth is I am silently waiting for the time that is right for us and I have always believed that if love is meant to be then it will be.. In time.. Sometimes it breaks my heart to know that he is just within my grasp and yet there is no way that I can have him now. I can't even bring myself to see him because I might just fall apart.

I see my friend now walking towards me and I can feel my stomach growling for hunger and the pause of love thoughs are finally over and I can finally grab dinner and watch Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd. Happy TGIF!

Labels: ,


8:02 PM |

3 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said........
Hi sis Emmyrose,
You are doing exactly what is right- hanging around with your friends and making yourself perfectly busy. Anyway, thoughts of loneliness is inevitable when you see others happy with their loved ones. But did it ever occur to you that the Lord just want Him to be the first in your life? If you are filled with thoughts of Him and His wonderful blessings to you, you will never entertain thoughts of loneliness or depression because you are one fortunate girl. You are so blessed with so many things that millions would crave for and exchange places with you and yet there you are feeling sorry for yourself. If you really trust God you will never feel that way. You will know that He has everything prepared and planned for you. He just want you to see and acknowledge them. God bless you and your family my friend. Have a wonderful and precious day always.
 


At 10:24 PM, Blogger JoiceyTwenty said........
hey.. love thoughts + sweeney todd = perfect combination. :) hehe.
 


At 10:05 PM, Blogger Tom Evans said........
Hello Emmyrose,

Pretty name and pretty thoughts. I too am now without love, but only very recently. I can't wait for the day when I become impatient again...