I've been awfully stressed out the past few weeks and maybe some of you are suffering from it as well, here are some simple ways of somehow easing the stress level in our lives.
1. If possible go to bed on time and get enough sleep.
2. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
3. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
4. Simplify and unclutter your life.
5. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
6. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
7. Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety . If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
8. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
9. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
10. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
11. Everyday find some time alone and develop a quiet time with God.
12. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
13. Laugh and laugh some more.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants