Thursday, October 02, 2008


Creative ways of answering: "HOW COME YOU DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND?"

1. The Arrogant Approach
"Boyfriend? I don't date boys. I date men."

2. The "I love my independence" Approach
"All men I date keep asking me to marry them and I'm just not ready to commit."

3. The Confident Approach
"I'm already engaged to someone. Only he doesn't know it yet."

4. The "I've watched too many gangster movies" Approach
"Why don't I have a boyfriend? Why don't you have a life? Haven't you got anything better to do with your time than to ask me stupid questions? Now get out of my face before I really lose my temper."

5. The Clueless Approach
"A boyfriend? Is that like a Girl Scout?"

6. The "danger-lover" Approach
"I only like dating cold-blooded criminals and all the best ones are behind bars."

7. The Flirtatious Approach
"I don't have a boyfriend because I'm saving myself for you."

8. The Wounded Approach
Stare off sadly into the distance with teary eyes; feign a lump in your throat and say, "I did love someone once . . ."
(This will embarrass the questioner, who will then leave you alone.)

9. The Mysterious Approach
Lower your voice to whisper and say, "I'm romantically involved with a very important person and our relationship is top-secret. If I told you who he was, something terrible might happen to me."
(This will worry the questioner who will then leave you alone.)

10. The Lunatic Approach
Begin to laugh hysterically, stop suddenly and then stare directly at the questioner while saying nothing. This will frighten the questioner who will not only leave you alone, he or she will never speak to you again.

11. The Threatening Approach
Tell bluntly you're pissed and will hurt him/her if they ask you again

12. I Don't Care Approach
So what if I don't have a boyfriend, do you have any problems with that?

13. The Dismiss Approach
Act as if you're deaf or what, just ignore the question...

Labels: , ,


11:34 AM |

9 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Janet said........
lol I'll have to remember some of those!
 


At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lori said........
LMAO...now thats a great list. It made me giggle and I think Ive used a few of those myself;) Happy TT stranger...great seeing you. Thanks for stopping by.
 


At 9:46 PM, Blogger Gattina said........
I would answer that I am lesbian, lol ! Stupid questions, stupid answers !
 


At 2:23 AM, Blogger Donna said........
I've used some of those before myself. Others, I'm going to remember for future use. I especially like the Lunatic Approach. (teehee)

My TT list is up here. Stop by if you get a chance.
 


At 4:40 AM, Blogger siteseer said........
I recently said to my niece who was googling over the baby running around "you're next". My daughter said you better stop that or at the next funeral my niece is going to say to me "you're next". lol The innocent things we say that come of BAD!!
 


At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
So, which approach do you use?
 


At 4:46 PM, Blogger eastcoastlife said........
I'm married, and I'm asked question contrary to yours.
"How can you still have boyfriends?"
Why not? They are boy friends, not lovers. :)
 


At 4:54 PM, Blogger Missy said........
Thanks, now I have some excuses.
 


At 10:15 PM, Blogger Tey said........
hahaha I am done with this stuff. Have fun with it Emmy. Let me know if you found a new love again and go back to this post. Have a great weekend my friend
Ester's Daily Thoughts
Ester's Money Journal
Ester's Recollections