Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Life is like an ocean.
You sit and watch the tides of life change, not really paying much attention,

while time slowly drowns you."

Many times I feel like time is running me over. I spend too much time chasing time that I tend to miss it most of the time. I love the ocean, I just feel a certain calmness when I look at the horizon.

During my recent trip in Boracay, I always wake up early in the morning before the crowd starts to pour in and just gaze into the ocean. Maybe I’ve always been a loner at heart but oftentimes, I just want to be alone with my thoughts. While watching the tide, I think about my life and wondering where my tides are going to take me, hoping it will not drown me or consume me before my time.


Labels:


8:23 PM |

7 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger eastcoastlife said........
Hello Emmyrose!
How are you?

I don't know what to say to comfort you, probably many people have done that. I'm not in your position, I cannot fully comprehend.

Just want you to know, I like you as a friend, even though we have never met. But I read your blog and your thoughts and know what you have gone through.

Hang in there, hoep to meet you one day... either in Singapore or Manila. :)
*hugs for the week*
 


At 9:47 PM, Blogger Emmyrose said........
I'm deeply touched by your comment ECL. It's enough to know that you like me as a friend and the feeling is mutual.

Hope to meet you too soon :)

Thanks
 


At 11:28 PM, Blogger Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said........
Hi emmy! hope you are doing fine! i have awards for you at my place! Hope this will cheer you up a little! :)
 


At 4:18 PM, Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said........
Hi sis Emmyrose,
How right you are. Life is like an ocean. There is always an ebb and a flow. But whatever it is, we must trust God that He will let His blessings and graces to flow to us in His own perfect time. Just "wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14)
Thanks for the poignant post. God bless you always my friend.
 


At 12:06 AM, Blogger Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said........
hi emmy! i've got a magic lamp from the genies and is here to pass the magic lamp to you! Happy Wednesday! :)
 


At 6:52 AM, Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said........
Hi sis,
Your Entrecard advert is on now at my Random Thoughts blog. Thanks and God bless.
 


At 1:31 AM, Blogger Dr. Vain said........
hi emmyrose!stumbled on your blog. my life used to be perfect too until i had cancer. but like you, i'm keeping the faith. best of health to both of us! :)